Overseas Membership Registration
Under current guidelines, those outside of North America who actively support or are engaged in ministry to international students and scholars qualify for complimentary membership. Please fill out the form below.
Overseas ACMI members are serving in:
- Africa: Kenya, Republic of South Africa, Uganda
- Australia and New Zealand
- Asia: Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand (2 countries in Asia that will remain unnamed)
- Europe: England, Ireland, Scotland, and The Netherlands
Overseas Membership Registration Form
ACMI Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God who exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s only inspired written revelation to mankind, and that it is completely trustworthy in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe that God created man without sin, that by man’s own choice he sinned and broke fellowship with God, bringing upon himself a nature deserving of death.
- We believe that Christ was born of a virgin, that He died for our sins and that He rose from the dead to provide eternal life to all who trust Him as Lord and Savior.
- We believe that salvation is available by God’s grace through faith, and that the Holy Spirit is active in regeneration and in transforming the believer into the image of Christ.
- We believe in the Church as the body of Christ, whose members are dedicated to fellowship and proclamation of the gospel.
- We believe in the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the love of God and in obedience to Christ’s command, we desire to love the stranger in our midst and make known the Good News of Jesus Christ to persons of all nations.
Guidelines for Members
Relationships with Internationals
- ACMI members shall respect the dignity of individuals and be sensitive to their needs as internationals. Members will refer special problems of international students to the appropriate campus officials.
- Members shall be forthright in the publication of any program intended for internationals. An accurate description of the purposes of any program of activity shall be included. Events which are publicized to be only social shall be just that, whereas events with religious content shall be clearly identified as such.
- When members share their faith with internationals there shall be no coercion to change their religious beliefs. Members are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the ethical standard outlined in the 1993 NAFSA/Association of International Educators Code of Ethics, particularly section 10:
Members with responsibilities in Community Organizations working with Foreign Students and scholars shall:
- Make certain that organizations providing programs for foreign students and scholars have a clear statement of purpose and responsibility, so that all parties can know what is expected of them.
- Accurately portray their services and programs, making clear the identity, the intent, and the nature of the sponsoring organization of each particular event or service.
- Provide appropriate opportunities to observe and to join in mutual inquiry into cultural differences.
- Provide adequate orientation for volunteers and participants in community programs so that they may understand each other and may interact constructively. The organization should make clear that surreptitious, deceptive, or coercive proselytizing is unacceptable.
Relations to other ACMI Members
Members shall be expected to communicate and cooperate with others who offer services and plan programs for internationals, seeking to avoid unnecessary duplication and competition. Members shall be expected to resolve any differences or conflicts using biblical guidelines.